Monday, March 23, 2009

Irish Jig Results


I did it! I ran my first 5k last Saturday - after working 3rd shift at the Sleep Clinic, even. Although my time was not too impressive (30:11) it was fun and I think I'll do it again. I ran with 3 other sleep techs and while we were at work the night before we made t-shirts (plain white t with green bubble paint) with our names and the slogan on the back 'Work all night, run all day: Sleep Tech Run Club '09." We're in talks to do the Riverbank Run on May 9. I think I may want to aim for the 10K but we'll see! I'll post pics later.

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

2 comments:

SurlyGirl said...

Congrats! Who else ran with you?

Amanda said...

Lori Bir, Amy Striplin, Chris Gillette (new guy from Battle Creek) and his son. Amy kicked everyone's butts, of course :)