Friday, June 5, 2009

"Mom, do you like swippin' on your guitar?"


I've already told you about Cameron's great love of music. He loves to listen to it, dance to it, play it, sing it . . . I love his passion and remember feeling that way myself when I was little. Jeff has stories about his great love of music when he was little, too.

Earlier this week we had to stop by the church office to print out some letters and get some mailing supplies for a MNO (single mom's ministry) outing. As I was loading the kids back into the van, Cameron asked me, "Mom, can't we go back inside and sing for a little bit?" He calls the sanctuary "The Lord's ship house" and he loves to go over to the youth/children's ministry where they have microphones and a drum kit and go to town.

Yesterday was Carter's Field Day for school. Cameron followed Carter for most of the day and even played one of the games with his class (the kids in Carter's class love Cameron from all of our Thursday lunches!) After a while, Cameron wanted me to push him on the swings. "Faster, Mommy! Faster!" He giggled and then was quiet for a few minutes.

"Mommy, do you like swippin' on your guitar?" I was a little puzzled. "What is 'swippin', Cam?"
He showed me that he meant strumming and singing along. "If I had a guitar, I would love to 'swip' on it, Cammers."

I just found it interesting (and super-cute) that he's thinking about his guitar (who he previously named 'little lady') even when he's playing on the playground!

No comments: