Saturday, May 9, 2009

Race Results


I ran the River Bank Run 10K today with my friend Laura. We've been training once a week together with our friend Rebekah who couldn't run today due to a serious sinus infection AND being awake all night due to Mucinex. Who knew? It was rainy and windy and gray and hard! I'm not feeling to well, either . . . I have a bad head cold, laryngitis, coughing fits, etc. If you know me at all, you know that I either a) don't fess up to being sick (some might call it denial) or b) don't get sick very often. Really, it's true. Jeff didn't want me to participate but I paid $36 to register and that's a hefty chunk of change out of my (very) little pocket book.

It was so fun! There were people stationed all along the race route cheering us on, mile markers with timers so you could check your time, water and Gatorade stations AND at the end they had water, watermelon, oranges, bananas, bagels, yogurt, granola bars AND a special pin that says 10K River Bank Run 2009 AND my RBR '09 t-shirt. All in all, this race is/was worth every dollar spent!

Our time (we stuck together!) was 58:15. We did do a short walk while drinking some water and Gatorade a little more than half way through. Just to think if we had kept running during our water walk we could have made it in 57:??! does drive me a little nutty.

We've decided that we (Laura, Rebekah and I) are going to keep our weekly running group together and aim for another race. We're looking at the Traverse City Cherry Festival - the Meijer Festival of Races coming this summer and ultimately, we'd like to train/run the Grand Rapids half marathon in October. Woot woot! Aim high, right? Too bad all of this running doesn't have me showing off a leaner physique (yet?!)

No comments: