Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Little Bit Sad Today . . .

Well, I did it. I had to resign as coordinator of MNO - the Single Mom's Night Out program. I feel really sad about my resignation . . . I didn't resign due to lack of vision . . . I didn't resign due to lack of passion . . . I didn't resign because I'm a quitter. I have lots of vision and passion; and I am definitely not a quitter.

You see, I've just decided that it's healthy to say 'no' once in a while. I'm a 'yes' girl. I love to say 'yes.' I love a project, I love coming up with ideas and I love seeing those ideas turn into reality. I have fully loved MNO and the women who attend and I still do.

I've decided that I have to put my family first. My first and most important ministry is to the littles who reside in our home. MNO requires lots of time that ends up coming from my family -- and my weekend job at the sleep clinic does, too.

I'm really going to miss being a part of MNO and even more I'm going to miss the moms. However, I am really excited about what Jesus is doing in our little family and I am so glad to be a part of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tough stuff!