Thursday, August 20, 2009

Olives and Onions

My sweet baby girl is snacking on olives marinated in garlic and baby onions marinated in balsamic vineagr. I think it's safe to say she has her mama's taste buds.

I've been trying to rev myself up for the new season of MNO -- a monthly dinner I coordinate, organize and emcee for single moms from our area. We offer free childcare, a free restaurant-quality dinner, practical living learning sessions, relationship building and more.

I just can't seem to get any get up and go. I love what we do; I know that it's relevant, important to the moms, and it's where Jesus' heart beats. Yet I still feel overwhelmed by the enormity of the tasks that lay ahead . . . all of the planning, the recruiting, the scheduling, the long Fridays of the event (where I head straight to the sleep clinic after to work my 3rd shift weekends.)

As much as I love, even SAVOR this monthly ministry event, I must confess . . . I am feeling like there is a whole lotta stuff to be done and not a whole lotta me.

Well, I meant to post more, but garlic-breath (Vivi) is getting into the pots and pans. More later . . .

No comments: