Saturday, February 7, 2009

Can't sleep . . . augh.

On weekdays my full-time job is that of a SAHM (stay at home mom.) On weekends, I work third shift as a polysomnographic technologist (sleep studies.) Today, Saturday, is my sleep recovery day and then I will work again tonight. About an hour ago, my favorite little noisy tornado was tearing through the house at full force and volume and woke mommy up. Daddy had his hands full changing baby girl and helping Carter get ready for a birthday party.

It's not hard to fall asleep after you work third shift. It is, however, VERY hard to remain asleep after working third shift. It is even harder to go back to sleep after waking up in 'the middle of the night' so to speak. The sun is up and shining, my family is active and my natural inclination is to get up and go. Oh, and I whine a little, too. Okay, a lot.

I thought if I did a quick 'brain dump' on the blogger it might be easier for me to fall back asleep clear-headed.

This week ahead will be a very busy one! Along with our usual schedule, I am also planning and preparing and recruiting for a ministry event that I have co-led monthly in the past and am now leading on my own. I am so excited about this albeit slightly nervous that I will overlook some important detail or area of the event.

Monthly at Vineyard North we host a single mom's 'Night Out.' We anticipate the RSVPs of anywhere from 12 - 25 ladies and their children. We offer free childcare, a fine restaurant quality dinner and dessert and a short teaching on various topics at the end of the night. This gives the ladies a much needed break, the opportunity to build relationships i.e. community with other moms in their situation and/or Vineyard North women volunteers.

We have a lot of fun getting to know each other better and I love being able to bless these moms in this way. I remember how tough life was when I was a single mom for a couple of years. I also remember how much I appreciated any opportunity to get together with other moms and how helpful it was to live in community with them. Every mom needs that!

I'd love it if you'd partner with me in prayer for the moms attending MNO! I'd really love it, too if you'd pray for me - I need extra measures of wisdom, discernment, creativity and organization.

Alright, I think I'll try to go back to sleep now. ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz . . . .

No comments: