Monday, February 16, 2009

Workin' it Out

Alright, today was another running milestone day for me . . . 5 miles with a brief sprint at the end. I'm getting there! Well, as far as endurance and strength are concerned. I can't seem to stop eating like I'm still prego. Where is my willpower, determination and self-control when it comes to food (okay, wine too?)

I started working out when Viv was 4 or 5 weeks old. She is now 14 weeks and I've lost about 7 -9 pounds. I just can't seem to get it off as quickly as I'd like to. I know that I really need to start shaving away calories and reducing my portion sizes and keeping it to one glass of wine on occasion. The problem lies within the realization that I really just don't want to. I'd be happy to work out 2, 3 hours a day (I know that's weird, but I really enjoy it) but I really have no desire to cut back the caloric intake.

I guess I need to change my mindset from thinking that I can eat/drink extra calories because I'm running/working out frequently to thinking that I don't want the extra calories because I don't want to waste my workout.

No comments: