Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm a Little Teapot?


Okay, so I blew it this morning. Yesterday afternoon, too, for that matter. All of sudden 'the old man' or my temper is rising up at a moment's notice.

Yesterday, I became irate with my husband because he took a little extra time to come home and help with the kiddos so that I could clean house. I feel terrible about it now. He walks in with a lovely, fresh haircut and it ticked me off! Poor J, he probably that he was in for a compliment (is there anything hotter than a hubby with a fresh haircut?) and instead he got steamrolled.

This morning, Carter wanted to goof off instead of getting ready for school. Typical 7 year old behavior -- where did my patience and tolerance go? I was so frustrated that I could hardly contain myself. I felt like a tea kettle with boiling water inside whose whistle is sounding through and through the house. I'm glad I saw him at school at lunchtime so we could reconnect!

It's times like these that remind me how much I need You, Jesus. Help me to remember to crucify my flesh (that stubborn old man) and be made new daily in You. Lord I'm asking for extra measures of your patience and tolerance today and the rest of this week. Fill me up with Your extravagant love for my husband and my kids (who I think I love sooo much but I know You love them even more!) Help me --- so that Your love will shine through to my family and all others that I encounter. Help me also to be angry yet sin not!

No comments: